All Council roles are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Full members only of BAGIS are eligible to vote.
- The election process is administered and scrutinised by an independent expert by experience.
Following the 6th October 2023 AGM, the current Council is:
- President: Alison Berner (2 year term to expire 2025)
- Secretary: Anna Laws (2 year term to expire 2025)
- Treasurer: Leighton Seal (2 year term to expire 2024*)
- Council Member (2-year duration, to expire 2024*):
- James Barrett
- Stuart Lorimer
- Sophie Quinney
- Council Member (4-year duration to expire 2027):
- Christine Mimnagh
- Kamilla Kamaruddin
- Heather Woods
- Deborah Mackenzie
- Council co-opted members:
- Karl Neff (Republic of Ireland)
- David Parker (Scotland)
- Ex-officio president (2-year duration to expire 2025):
- Matthew Mills
- Community Scrutineer:
- N Perez
- Working Party and work-streams:
- Council is deeply grateful to a range of experts from the trans and non-binary community, experts in healthcare, clinical services from multi disciplines, commissioning, management and research for their input into various work-streams.
*The constitution has been amended to ensure that elected periods overlap in order to provide continuity. For this reason, 2 year member terms from 2021 and Treasurer were extended by a year to expire in 2024.