Listening to the Trans & Non-binary Communities – 5th & 6th October 2017, Glasgow
This sell-out symposium was organised by the Sandyford Gender Identity Clinic, in collaboration with the National Gender Identity Clinical Network for Scotland (NGICNS) and the BAGIS Council.
The theme of the event was “Listening to the Trans & Non-binary Communities” and it included sessions of interest to professional groups across the multidisciplinary spectrum.
The Annual General Meeting of BAGIS and announcement of council election results also took place during the event.
The event received excellent feedback, scoring 4.7/5 for meeting delegates learning needs and 4.8/5 for interest.
“Well organised and successful meeting.”
“Overall this has been a fantastic experience for me.”
“Very well organised. Excellent presentations. Inspiring.”
Thursday 5th October
- Over the Wall
- Fading Fairy Dust
- Charting the unknown: new Client outcomes and journeys of vocal identity
- Chest Reconstruction Surgery
- Contributions of Developmental Social Neuroscience to Understanding Gender and Trans Healthcare, Within A Feminist (Critical Neuroscience) Framework
- Endocrine Workshop
- HIV awareness
- Public and Stakeholder Views: Emerging themes from public consultation on the delivery of Gender Services in England
Friday 6th October
- Changing Gender Identity Clinic Perceptions: Findings from STA survey of experiences at GICs
- Clinical considerations with non-binary/genderqueer people
- Current Experiences of Transgender Young People in Scotland
- The gender service for young people and their families in Scotland: service model, evaluation and development
- Postgraduate Student Presentations
- Trans experience and inclusion in the Further and Higher Education sectors
- Effects of peripubertal treatment with a GnRH agonist: What can we learn using an ovine model?