This continues to be a challenging and confronting time. Services across the NHS and independent practice throughout the British Isles, have had to respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic. We thank you for your patience at this time.
In line with national safety and risk management guidelines across nations, BAGIS Council has voted to deliver a virtual e-symposium instead of an in-person event. We understand this option limits some of the pleasures and aspects of professional networking and social interaction. However, we feel that it is essential to continue to provide an opportunity for learning about state of the art clinical practice and research in this field at national and international level. We are delighted to announce that our 6th Scientific Symposium Gender Services Across Nations will be held on 18thand 19th March 2021 virtually. Details will follow shortly.
During lockdown and the challenges to and adaptations of our working environments, BAGIS council has continued to tackle a number of important work streams and projects:
- a membership processes review;
- a national dialogue and discussion of clinical and service responses to COVID-19;
- draft overarching Clinical Principles that will move to member consultation in the autumn;
- co-option of new members to council to strengthen active participation and representation of all regions of the association;
- continued data collection to support fair processes in fertility preservation for trans and non-binary people;
- BAGIS website redesign including an association e-newsletter to which all members can contribute;
- the future development of a BAGIS specific journal;
- BAGIS webinar event and AGM on 1st October 2020;
- BAGIS e-symposium 18th-19th March 2021.